Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DIY Shindo Latour

  1. #1
    Inactive Member desmaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi everyone,

    This is my first post.

    I'm interested in building this design which uses the altec 288 driver and 515B woofer. If you go to Shindo Labs.com? you can see it. Anyone here attemp such a project or something similar?

    Thanks

    John

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are a growing number of folks who are building field coil drivers from scratch as well as modifying old alnico drivers for field coil operation. Modifying a driver can be almost as simple as winding a field coil and machining a new center pole. People who have become accustomed to the dynamic yet relaxed sound of field coil drivers are hooked for life.

    I would be happy to correspond with you on this subject, though it is a little beyond the scope of this discussion board. If you like, drop me a line at stfrsc**at**juno.com.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi John, if you have the 288C and 515B, and, live in southern calif. you should visit Dr. Edgar at Edgarhorn. I use his 350hz Salad bowls with my 288C and his Straight 80hz midbass with my 515B. I am not sure you could beat the combo....however, I have not heard Steves new horn stuff. Cheers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.